Strutt Your Stuff Darebin 2019 is another fun, inclusive evening of fashion and creativity. Join in a celebration of self-expression, individuality and the power of re-using and recycling. This is an all abilities event. There’s something for everyone including:
- fashion parade using recycled and repurposed clothing
- recycled clothes ‘takeaway’
- dress up photo booth
- art exhibition
- live music with DJ and disco dancing
- market stalls
Strutt Your Stuff Darebin 2019 will take place in Thornbury in the City of Darebin. It is alcohol free and light halal refreshments are available. Entry is by gold coin donation.
When: Saturday 16 March 6pm-9pm
Where: Span Community House, 64 Clyde St, Thornbury
Strutt Your Stuff Darebin 2019 is all about sustainable fashion and creativity. Models in the fashion parade will wear outfits that are donated, recycled, hand-made or sourced from op shops.
Strutt Your Stuff Darebin 2019 is led by Angela Pollock and Sheena Mathieson, supported by a diverse group of passionate volunteers, with support from the City of Darebin, the Brotherhood of St Laurence and other sponsors.
Here are just some ideas for how you or your group can get involved in Strutt Your Stuff Darebin 2019:
- run or participate in a creative workshop, for example our fun printmaking on fabric workshop to be held at Span on the afternoon of Saturday 3 November
- hold a market stall
- contribute to the recycled clothes swap
- take part in the fashion parade
- exhibit your art
- donate refreshments or other service